Monday, May 25, 2009

I love the vintage look!

The flower image on this card was taken from Friends 24-7, which I watercolored and cut out.  I love to layer background stamps, and I used En Francais in Sahara Sand and the spatter pattern from Itty Bitty Patterns in both Sahara Sand and Close to Cocoa.  I sponged around the edges with Close to Cocoa, as well as behind the flower image.

The corners are cut with the SU ticket-corner punch and stamped with the filigree from Friends 24-7.  I drew lines with a ruler and my Close to Cocoa marker through the corner pieces to echo the Close to Cocoa layer and give it continuity.

SU cs used in this project:   Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, Vanilla

SU inks:  Rose Red, Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Close to Cocoa, Black, Chocolate Chip

SU Accessories:  Ribbon from Dress-Up Ribbons Originals, vintage brads, ticket-corner punch

No comments: