Monday, February 14, 2011

Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #190





Woo-hoo!  This card was featured on this week's 
Stampers Showcase over at Stamping 411!!  
Thanks to all the operators who enjoyed my entry!

Okay, if you haven't ever gone over to Stamping 411 for their Saturday Sketch Challenges, you really need to -- they're so much fun!



This card is pretty simple and uncomplicated -- less embellished, perhaps? -- for me. I kept thinking that I needed to add something more, but I think that the play of the patterns off each other gives it an elegant look. I had never used the Elizabeth stamp before, but I think that I'm now in love with it!


(By the way, Lee Conrey's Magic Bow Maker is the greatest invention EVER!  Just saying.....)

Stamps: Elizabeth, You're a Gem

Paper: Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke, Vanilla, Springtime Vintage dsp

Ink: Black, Pear Pizzazz, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue

Accessories: Ticket-Corner punch, Always Artichoke seam binding, Pearl Jewels, Dimensionals, Aquapainter, Sponges





14 comments:

Donna Heber said...

Wow!!! This is stunning Lisa. I just love what you have done with the Elizabeth stamp. Your work is amazing!

Patti Chesky said...

Wow, Wow and did I say? WOW!!! This is stunning! I love the flow of the stamp set, patterned paper and colors. This is my favorite card of the week!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

WOW!!! is right!!! I love this and just got this set. This will definitely be and inspiration for me.

Kerin said...

Holy smokes!! This one knocked my socks off!! Love the coloring on this stamp set, a perfect match to the dsp!

Christine Crutcher said...

Your card is very pretty - love your watercoloring and bow

gbarron56 said...

AMAZING! I've never seen the Elizabeth stamp used -- EVER! Now I think I need to get it! You did a fabulous job! Thanks for inspiring us all! Blessings, Gretchen

PocketsOfInspiration said...

I love that set you used, it's so beautiful. Still on my 'to get list'.

LOVING the new banner. It's beautiful.

Connie said...

Beautiful details on the Elizabeth stamp! LOVE it! Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This is drop dead beautiful and that bow is perfect!!

Selene Kempton said...

Absolutely stunning! Wow!! Congrats on being a 411 pick this week!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Definitely a good choice for Stampers Showcase this week! This is amazingly beautiful, Lisa! Love the colours ... going in the CASE file for sure! Hugs xxaxx

Oliva Ohlson said...

Congratulations and well deserved! Beautiful card!

Chris said...

AWESOME! BEAUTIFUL!! How did you make the "lace" piece? Inquiring minds need to know.

Lisa Hensley said...

Chris, I used a Martha Stewart punch to create that trim! Lisa.