Monday, February 28, 2011

Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #192


I worked this up for this weeks' Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge and, let me tell you, it did NOT want to get born!  I don't think that I've ever ripped a card apart so much -- ever.  The sentiment has been pulled off so many times that it's tissue thin!


The central layer is the So Saffron/honeycomb design from Botanical Gazette.  I inked up the flat side of my Finial Press folder, placed the dsp in the folder and ran it through my Big Shot.  I'm very happy with the results!


Stamps:  Garden Girls, Rosy Wishes

Paper:  Bravo Burgundy, Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, Vanilla, Botanical Gazette dsp

Inks:  Black, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Sahara Sand, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Lovely Lilac, Ballet Blue, Concord Crush

Accessories:  Big Shot, Finial Press Textured Impressions folder, Ticket-Corner punch, Photo-Corner punch, White gel pen, Metallic brads, Always Artichoke seam binding, Dimensionals, Aquapainter

6 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

I've had those cards, too, where I've changed and changed and changed it! Your finished card is lovely! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411.

Unknown said...

Sounds like alot of my card making!! Your card turned out beautiful and that image is stunning!!

Kerin said...

I love the way you created the background with your embossing folder! Great job on the finished card, no matter how long it took you to get there!!

Patti Chesky said...

I love how you used the ticket corner punch on the photo corners. Very nice!

Selene Kempton said...

That is so funny! I think we all do that rippin it off and puttin it back! :D It was certainly well worth it.. How beautiful!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is spectacular. I'm so glad you shared with us. Stunning!