Sunday, May 1, 2011

Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge 201



                                       


I had good intentions, but I missed last weeks' Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch challenge.  But that's okay, because I love this sketch, too!  Go and over to Stamping 411 and see what the Operators came up with this week.  The joy of this card is that it also fits the bill for one of the Creative Crew challenges for May -- Catalog Focus/Distressing.  I went to an upline meeting on Saturday and it really got my creative juices flowing!



I took a few liberties with the sketch, but think that it still came out balanced.  What you can't really see in this scan is that I cut out the sails and popped them up for some nice depth!  A white gel pen adds highlights to the sails and the water.


Stamps:  The Open Sea, In a Word

Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Vanilla, Nautical Expedition dsp

Ink:  Black, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:  Metallic brads, Early Espresso 5/8" satin ribbon, Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Decorative Label punch, sponges, Aquapainter, Log Cabin Smooch Spray

12 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

Lisa, you rocked it :) Love this one ~ I tried the peeling wallpaper technique of yours, and it looked dreadful. I need a visit with you so you can teach me :) Hugs!

Kerin said...

WOW this is stunning! Looking around at all of the details, I just keep seeing more things I love!

Leena Girsa said...

Love this set and LOVE your card! Well done!!

Connie Babbert said...

Lisa! I LOVE this card...WOW! Great distressing, coloring and details1 WOW!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

over the top fabulous! I am so casing this one!!! WOW!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

WOW - this is stunning!!

Patti Chesky said...

Lisa, my jaw is on the floor!! Your attention to detail is amazing. I love everything about this card!! Bravo!!!

gbarron56 said...

Lisa -- this is absolutely beautiful -- a work of art! Your attention to detail is amazing! Great job with the sketch and with your card! So glad that you played along this week at Stamping 411! Thanks and blessings, Gretchen

Dee in N.H. said...

WOW! Gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

Great take on the sketch and the shabby-ness! Congrats on the 411 shout-out, too!

Phyllis Strickland said...

You deserve the honor - great card!

ednamburgess said...

Love the card with the ship and all the things you've done to make it so beautiful. Edna