Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Closer Look

I layered Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery and vanilla.

I stamped the Elegant Eggplant layer with Houndstooth (love this bg!!) in EE craft. The Certainly Celery layer is stamped with the text block from Bloomin' Beautiful and overstamped with Canvas, both in Always Artichoke. The Always Artichoke layer is stamped with French Script and overstamped with Canvas, both in AA. 

I created a page of "notebook paper" for the main image with my bordering blue marker, then by using the spiral punch across the top. The little leaf in the frame is cut out, then one end is popped up with Dimensionals. The flower was created from sponging and off-center layering of the Pretties flowers. 

All edges are rolled and sponged, front and back.

SU stamps:  Bloomin' Beautiful, Houndstooth, Canvas, French Script

SU cardstock:   Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Vanilla

SU inks:  Craft ink: Elegant Eggplant. Classic inks: Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Sahara Sand. White WCW crayon.

Accessories:  Dimensionals, Aquapainter, pieces from antique brass HPH, flowers from Pretties kit, Theatre ribbon originals

2 comments:

Pam said...

This is beautiful! I really like the way you did the spotlight.

Sandi said...

Gorgeous!! I'm with you all the way regarding my background stamps -- give me a background stamp any day before a texture plate. Don't get me wrong, I love my Big Shot -- but I want all the retired backgrounds back!! All your work is awesome.
Sandi
Member of Blogger Group #8