Friday, October 9, 2009

Winter Post


This is an emergency swap card because I screwed up -- did this in 5 hours. Long story short, I signed up for two groups in a swap, but had a senior moment and did the same card for both groups. Duh!

It's basically a re-working of a card that I did last year, but without all the fun retired stuff like Riding Hood Red cs, the flourish and square frame from Frames with a Flourish and the striped ribbon out of last years' Holiday Mini.

Personally, I liked the original better because of the Riding Hood Red -- one of my favorite SU colors. I'm still in deep mourning.

(Baja Breeze was another favorite, but let's not go there.... Baja Breeze with Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red with Chocolate Chip. It makes me sad just to think that those faboo colors are retired.....)

The message on the Vanilla layer was done with En Francaise in Close to Cocoa by masking the area. The whole layer is overstamped with the spatter pattern from Itty Bitty Backgrounds in both Creamy Caramel and Sahara Sand. The layer is also overstamped with the snowflake from Winter Post in both Sahara Sand and Always Artichoke.

The Merry Christmas sentiment from Holiday Best is stamped in Chocolate Chip craft ink and clear embossed.

Stamps: Winter Post, En Francaise, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Holiday Best

Paper: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Vanilla

Ink: Craft ink: Chocolate Chip. Classic inks: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand

Accessories: Orchard ribbon originals, Chocolate taffeta ribbon, vintage brads, dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds glitter

2 comments:

kat said...

It turned out beautiful, love the vintage look.

Jacki said...

This is gorgeous! I love love love the worn edges and all the layers of stamping. Its just beautiful. I'm sure the other swappers will treasure it. I too am mourning the loss of the past in-colors. I loved them all. I even named my stamping club kiwi kiss. Oh well....!