Thursday, October 15, 2009

It was a rainy afternoon....


I color embossed the background by rubbing my Close to Cocoa classic pad across the Finial Press Texturz plate and running through a piece of Always Artichoke. I discovered that you get a heavier inking if you run a couple of extra pieces of cardstock through the Big Shot. For this card, I liked the more distressed -- dirty? -- look of having less pressure on the cs.

The oak leaves were watercolored and cut out from Lovely as a tree and layered across a piece of Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon.

Stamps: Gifts of the Earth, Lovely as a Tree, Fancy Flexible Phrases

Paper: Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla

Ink: Black, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke, More Mustard

Accessories: Brads and frame from Aged Copper HPH, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, Big Shot, Finial Press Texturz plate, aquapainter, dimensionals

7 comments:

Sandi said...

Oh my gosh, will you stop it!! You keep coming up with these beautiful watercolored cards that I want to case. I don't have enough time, but it's killing me that I can't do all of them. I did case one of yours and posted on my blog tonight -- I had try at least one. Now stop it, I have to get my club cards done and they don't like taking time to watercolor. All kidding aside this is another gorgeous card - love the turkey.
Sandi

Lisa Hensley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Hensley said...

Sorry, typo-city.

That's okay, Sandi -- I think that I'm tapped out for awhile! I loved your case with the rooster! Anything with a chicken is good with me.

Pam said...

I love the colored embossing!! I am definitely going to be trying that! Tomorrow probably! :o)

Jacki said...

Another beautiful card :) I am going to try the color embossing today! Yay! Thanks for the inspiration. Love this card - the watercoloring is so pretty.

Debbie said...

I love the card and the technique with the embossing folder! Thank you for the inspiration. I will defintely be trying this technique.

conductorchik said...

Gorgeous!