Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What I did today between orthodontist appointments and flute lessons ...


I'm totally feeling the love for the BS Textured Impressions folders! I applied a light coat of So Saffron on the Finial Press folder and ran a piece of Vanilla through the Big Shot. The result is a really, really cool textured piece of cs that looks like an old piece of aged textured wallpaper. It's fabulous IRL -- the scan does NOT do it justice! I don't know what the name is for this, but I think of it as 'color embossing.'

I layered Soft Suede, Ruby Red, So Saffron and More Mustard cs. The ribbon is layered 1" So Saffron twill, Soft Suede polka-dot grosgrain and Riding Hood Red taffeta. Who knew that the RHR taffeta ribbon is almost a dead-on match for Ruby Red cs?

The leaves are from Lovely as a Tree, watercolored and cut out of Vanilla cs.

Stamps: Gifts of the Earth, Lovely as Tree

Paper: Soft Suede, Ruby Red, So Saffron, More Mustard and Vanilla

Ink: Black, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke

Accessories: Big Shot, Textured Impressions Finial Press folder, brads and buckle from Aged Copper HPH, dimensionals, aquapainter, 1" So Saffron twill, Soft Suede polka-dot grosgrain and Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon

Techniques: watercolor

7 comments:

Jacki said...

Gorgeous
Gorgeous
Gorgeous!!!!

angela said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! ok, i was on the fence about getting that texturz plate, but now i'm sold!

angela
(ladybugs mommy from scs)

Sandi said...

Jacki took my exact words right out of my mouth when I saw this creation. I totally love the So Saffron on the Impression Folder -- this one is going to be cased for my October 24 class, I kid you not. Love this color combo, and your watercoloring of course. You go girl!!
Sandi

Debbie said...

Beautiful! I will certainly try this technique!

Jacki said...

I'm so glad to know another Twilight fan! I can't wait for New Moon!

Monica G said...

Fab technique. I think I'll show this at my ws this weekend!

Nadia said...

wow these are...how did Jacki put it?
Gorgeous
Gorgeous
Gorgeous!!!!
I think you pushed me over the edge, I've got to get that folder.TFS