Monday, September 7, 2009

Rooster Medallion


I had a dreadful day yesterday, so I was playing around with the stuff on my desk trying to keep myself entertained.

I sponged the color onto the Medallion bg stamp because I liked the softer, more seamless look. Thinking about it now, I should have used the spatter from Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Sahara Sand and Soft Suede over the Medallion, too.

Stamps: Country Morning, Medallion

Paper: More Mustard, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Vanilla

Ink: Black, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Really Rust, Sahara Sand, Pumpkin Pie, Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel

Accessories: brads/buckles from Antique Brass HPH, Mustard 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Soft Suede polka-dot grosgrain ribbon, sponges, aquapainter, dimensionals

Techniques: watercolor

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Lisa, your watercoloring is beautiful. Such an awesome card, I so love the whole layout using the medallion as a background stamp, it really goes with the rooster. You just know that I will be casing this one!! Sandi

Kristin Moore said...

Ooh, this is beautiful, and you're right the spatter would look cool too!