Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Blessings


If you celebrate Easter, then Happy Easter!!  I worked on this using the SU! Eggscellent Eggs kit and the  Mini-Milk Carton Sizzix die.

The milk cartons were a lot bigger than I thought that they'd be and they're filled with jelly beans.  I used strips of dsp around them, with a piece of coordinating 1/4" grosgrain ribbon tied at the bottom.  The little bunny heads were stamped in Craft ink and clear embossed.  I used the library clips from the SU clip assortment -- they worked great!

The eggs were all blown out by my kids I decorated them with the die-cuts and rub-ons from the Eggscellent Eggs kit.  I did try to dye the eggs using hot water, vinegar and my SU! reinkers, but the results were spotty.  It took a whole lot more ink than I ever thought that it would -- I didn't count drops, I count  how many seconds I squirted!  Needless to say, I've got more reinkers on my next order and I colored the other eggs with the ever-popular Paas.

The self-adhesive rhinestones are the bomb, though!  After I used up all the single ones, I cut apart the rhinestone strips and applies the rhinestones one at a time.  I used the for flower centers, in the swirls of the rub-ons and just about every other place.  If it sparkles, then I MUST use it!

All in all, I had a great time putting this project together.  I'm planning on using it for a centerpiece tomorrow.  I've got 10 of the little jelly bean filled milk cartons for all the cousins!

Happy Easter everyone!!



1 comment:

PocketsOfInspiration said...

I love the colors on that chicken (rooster, LOL).