Saturday, December 4, 2010

Botanical Gazette


This came out a bit darker/differently than I wanted. I went to spritz the finished central layer with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz and it came out too heavy on the left side. It was too much work, so I'll have to live with the result!  I tried to balance out the heavy spritz with a little more color, but I think that it came out looking a little to contrived.  Better luck next time!

That central layer was a sheet of notebook paper from the Botanical Gazette ds. I sponged Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip on the "flat" side of the Framed Tulips Textured Impressions folder and ran the piece of ds through the Big Shot. Afterwards, I lightly watercolored the tulips and frame with a wash of Not Quite Navy.


Stamps: Nature Walk, Winter Post


Paper: Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso, Botanical Gazette ds


Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy


Accessories: Big Shot, Framed Tulips Textured Impressions folder, Early Espresso 5/8" satin ribbon, metallic brads, sponge, Aquapainter, Dimensionals, Log Cabin Smooch Spritz



1 comment:

Sandi said...

OMG Lisa, I sure have been there with you when you sprayed your spritz!!! Can't even count how many times I have done that with the Log Cabin (never happens with the lighter color spritz). But I thing yours turned out fine. I am so jealous because everything you used to make this is on my wish list. No I haven't gotten my pre-order yet, just got back from vacation so need to sit down and write it up!! As always, you did a beautiful job.
Hugs,
Sandi