Saturday, July 13, 2013

2013 Artisan Entry Blog Hop -- Day 9







Welcome to the Artisan Entry blog hop for 2013!  Us gals, unfortunately, didn't get "the call" from Stampin' Up, but wanted to join this hop and show you what we worked so long and hard on.  I hope that you enjoy my entries and hope that you'll follow the hop for the next ten days!

If you've been following the hop, you'll have come here from 
Kandi Phillips' beautiful blog, Kandi & Company.  




Today I'm showing you another of my 8" x 8" scrapbook pages, featuring a brief history of  Nimrod Hall, my family's place.  I created my background by printing out a map from the National Geological Survey, which is in the public domain, highlighting the location of the farm.  


Stamps:  Postage Due


Paper:  Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red

Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Primrose Petal

Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels framelits, My Digital Studio (journaling and small Arrow punch), USGS topographical maps (public domain), 1 ¼” Square punch, 1 3/8” Circle punch, Postage Stamp punch, Ticket Duo Builder punch, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, Dimensionals, Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue, sponges, 3/16” Metallic brads






The next blog stop after mine is to Anna Black's blog, My Creation Station.  
Please enjoy the rest of the hop!!



5 comments:

Lauri said...

What a wonderful story, and a great page to share. Cool idea on teh background too, you have a rich family history!

lmel09 said...

What an interesting history! And the map as a background for your page is so cool! Brilliant!

Brenda Quintana said...

Lisa, this is such an interesting historical scrapbook page. I loved reading the story and seeing a map used as the background layer. Love it!

Wendie Waldman said...

So very nice - especially love the photo in the label.

Kandi Phillips said...

Gorgeous page! I love the elements you used to make it look aged!