Here is another card for this month's Creative Crew Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. Once again, I'm doing the glitter, glam and glitz focus using the silver glimmer paper (sponged around the edges with Midnight Muse) and loads of Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the roof if the house, the yard and on the evergreen garland to the upper left.
Eileen B. asked for instructions over at SC, so here they go! A fyi word: I use liquid glue (Aleen's) for just about everything but ribbon. My cards are heavy and they just fall apart using Tombo or any other tape runner. I also don't measure anything, so you'll have to work off your eye...
1) Central image: Stamp the house on white cs with Basic Black ink. Watercolor the image starting with Riding Hood Red on all parts of the clapboard siding. Look at your image and decide where the light would hit the house and add shadows with Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip. Add warm light in the windows with Daffodil Delight and add shadows to the windows where appropriate with More Mustard. Using a white gel pen, carefully accent the window trim and highlights to the siding. Remember where you decided that the light would hit the house when you do this! Add shadows to the roof, the porch railings and to the trellis work beneath the porch with Crumb Cake. Watercolor the trees with Lucky Limeade and Garden Green and the porch steps with Crumb Cake, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip. Add Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the roof and ground with a ballpoint-tip glue pen. Sponge the edges very lightly with Midnight Muse ink.
Cut central layer out by using a sticky note to position the third smallest Label framelit around the watercolored image and run through the Big Shot.
2) Garland: Watercolor the greenery with Lucky Limeade, Garden Green with touches of Close to Cocoa. Watercolor the birds, starting by using Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa. Highlight the breast with a touch of Rose Red and the wings/tailfeathers with Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy. Add glitter and cut out.
3) Layer the central image: Cut out two more Labels framelits from Midnight Muse using the same third smallest die. Cut one label in half horizontally and the the in half vertically (make two cuts, cutting out the top and bottom points). Carefully glue the layers to the back of your central image, creating a neat and even layer. Use binder clips to hold the pieces in place until the glue dries.
4) Add the garland to the upper left corner of your central image with liquid glue. Use a few little cut pieces of Dimensionals to "hold up" the outer edge of the garland.
5) Silver Glimmer paper: Cut out a rectangle of silver glimmer paper to float the central image on. If I'm forced to measure, the glimmer paper is about 4 1/4" x 3". Lightly sponge Midnight Muse ink around the edges of the silver glimmer paper. Layer the glimmer paper on Midnight Muse. Add four aged copper brads to the corners.
6) Framed Tulips layer: Place a piece of white cs in the Framed Tulips folder and run it through the Big Shot. Trim to the outer edges and layer with Midnight Muse.
7) Midnight Muse pattern from the In-Color Print Pack: Rough measurements 6 1/8" x 4 7/8". (Again, I cut my cs by what looks good when I work up a card -- my cards are rarely a standard size. I mark where I want to cut with a pencil, then cut it. I adhere to the layering piece, then cut around it to create the layer.) Layer with Midnight Muse and add copper brads to all four corners.
8) Put layers together: Adhere the Framed Tulips layer to the center of the dsp layer. Add the glimmer paper layer to that. Set aside.
Take about an 8" piece of Cherry Cobbler waffled satin ribbon and run your Tombo down it. Taking a piece of Midnight Muse stitch satin ribbon, adhere it so that just a little edge shows above the Cherry cobbler ribbon, layering it. Add another strip of Tombo down the back and add another piece of Midnight Muse, this time making sure that the Cherry Cobbler has a layer of Midnight Muse showing above and below the Cherry Cobbler ribbon. Adhere across the center of your layers and adhere the ends around the back.
Back the central image with Dimensionals and float that image above the glimmer paper layer AND above the layered ribbons. Add strips of pearls along the center of the ribbons. Be sure to use a thin line of liquid glue before you add the pearls -- the mini glue dots on the back of the pearls won't hold.
Believe it or not, you're almost done!!
9) Taking a whole sheet of Cherry Cobbler, fold it in half top-to-bottom. Decide how much of the Cherry Cobbler cs you want to show and adhere your finished work below the fold. Secure with binder clips until the glue dries and trim to your finished card size.
See? A total piece of cake!!!
All products used are SU!, unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Christmas Lodge
Paper: White, Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse, In-Color Print pack dsp
Ink: Black, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Rose Red, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler, Creamy Caramel, Crumb Cake, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade, Garden Green
Accessories: Big Shot, Labels framelits, Framed Tulips folder, brads, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Midnight Muse stitched satin ribbon, Cherry Cobbler waffle satin ribbon, Pearl Jewels, sponges, Aquapainter, Dimensionals, white gel pen