Monday, September 26, 2011

Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #222


Many thanks to the Operators at Stamping 411 for featuring my card in this weeks' Stampers Showcase!



This weeks' Saturday Sketch challenge over at Stamping 411 inspired me to work with something that I hadn't yet pulled out of my cache of goodies -- my SU! wood sheets.  I found them a tiny bit difficult to work with, merely because they are tricky to put ink on.  I stamped the image and sentiment on with black StazOn, then lightly watercolored the image with nearly a dry brush -- the wetter your Aquapainter, the more bleed you get.  The good news is that a white gel pen works great for highlighting!  All in all, I do like the wood sheets and will use them again.

This looks a lot better IRL -- trust me!  The glitter "snow" doesn't look so hard and abrupt, but has a much softer appearance.

This weeks' sketch is for a square card 4 -- 1/4" x 4 1/4".  I love working within such small confines, as it concentrates the space and makes the image really pop!




Things to know:  The background is a wood sheet that was color embossed, using Not Quite Navy, in the Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions embossing folder.  The wood sheets give a great impression!

As always, unless otherwise noted, all supplies are SU!


Stamps:  Forest Festivities

Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy

Ink:  Black StazOn, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink

Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die, 3" Circle die, Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions folder, 1/8" circle punch, Pearl Jewels, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Not Quite Navy 3/8" taffeta ribbon, sponges, Aquapainter, Dazzling Diamonds glitter

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I need to pull out my wood sheets!! I love that background!! This card is gorgeous!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I've not purchased the wood sheets as yet but will not. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us.

gbarron56 said...

Oh Lisa -- this is just darling. It has such a vintage look to it. Quite a work of art. Thanks for sharing it at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Patti Chesky said...

You mean we're supposed to use the wood sheets and not just hoard them? ha ha. This card is adorable!!!!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great card, wow, will have to get those wood sheets, I hadn't gotten them as yet,kept debating on them now they will be on the next order. Love what you did with this card.
Cindy