Friday, September 23, 2011

Haunted Forest!


I played and played with this stamp, trying to figure out what it needed.  I wanted to bring out the moon, surrounded by the haunted forest, but couldn't get the backdrop behind it right.  Then it occurred to me to stamp the image once on Vanilla, then on a background color -- in this case, More Mustard.  I watercolored the image on the Vanilla, the cut it out -- cutting off the smaller, outside branchlets -- then attached the cut out image over the stamped image on the More Mustard.  I like the look!  Slightly dimensional, without being popped up.

Things to know:  I ran my Early Espresso marker around the cut edges of the image so that I wouldn't have that tacky VCL (Visible Cut Lines).  The moon is sponged using So Saffron, More Mustard and Tangerine Tango.  The eyes of the cat and the owl are picked out with white gel pen to make them pop.  The two leaves are from Gently Falling.  They are stamped on Always Artichoke in Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip.  The technique with the background is one of my favs,  Peeled Wallpaper.

Fun thing to note:  The Riding Hood Red 3/8" taffeta ribbon perfectly matches Cajun Craze cs!!

All products are SU!, unless otherwise noted.

Stamps:  Haunted Forest, Gently Falling

Paper:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Vanilla, Spice Cake dsp

Ink:  Black, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Peach Parfait, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, Old Olive

Accessories:  Ticket-Corner punch, brads, Riding Hood Red 3/8" taffeta ribbon, Early Espresso 3/8" quilted satin ribbon, sponges, Aquapainter, white gel pen

No comments: