Saturday, October 9, 2010

First poinsettia of the season!


I got my new load of fun stuff from the Holiday Mini the other day and I've been playing in all of my free time!  I'm still discovering the possibilities of the fabric, but I suspect that it's going to be a fun journey. 

I layered Cherry Cobbler, patterns from the Deck the Halls dsp and the Deck the Halls designer fabric.  I cut out the Cherry Cobbler/Vanilla fabric using my Top Note die, cutting out an extra Top Note with the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets.  I cut off the outer edge of the Top Note at the dash lines, adhered it to the edge of my fabric Top Note, then sprinkled the new edge with Champagne glass glitter.  I cut out four more Top Notes out of Cherry Cobbler cs, then adhered them to the back of the fabric Top Note, staggering them so that they formed layer behind the fabric.

The holly leaves were cut out of the Deck the Halls dsp.  The centers of the poinsettias are gold beads from the Earths beads collection.

Stamps:  Bells & Boughs

Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Vanilla, Deck the Halls dsp

Inks:  Black, Regal Rose, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler, Bravo Burgundy, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke,  Chocolate Chip

Accessories:  Big Shot, Top Note Die, Deck the Halls designer fabric, Champagne glass glitter, Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets,  Aquapainter, Dimensionals, Ticket-Corner punch, white gel pen

1 comment:

Donna Heber said...

Such an elegant card. I just love your design.