Sunday, January 10, 2010
Ever since I first laid eyes on this set, I knew that the big daffodil needed to be popped-up on a card!
This card totally started life as something else. I've spent the last two days pulling this card apart and putting it together again. It wasn't even supposed to be done using this set -- I was trying to do something with those darling little butterflies using the Beautiful Wings embosslit. I had a bunch of butterflies cut out and dusted with pale green ultra-fine glitter.
Too bad I didn't use them...
Anyway, I layered Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Glorious Green and sheets from the Shades of Spring ds. Both ds layers are sponged around the edges with Glorious Green. I watercolored the image and cut it out, cutting out an extra of the large flowers to pop up on a Dimensional. I sponged behind the image with some Certainly Celery to make the daffodils stand out a little more. I used my white gel pen to highlight the daffodils.
Stamps: Abundant Hope
Paper: Certainly Celery, Glorious Green, Perfect Plum, Shades of Spring ds
Ink: Black, Certainly Celery, Glorious Green, Perfect Plum, Summer Sun, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Rhinestone brads, Scallop border and corner punches, 1" square punch, ticket-corner punch, Dimensionals, aquapainter, 5/8" Celery ribbon, 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, sponges, white gel pen